How is acute otitis media treated with Cipro? Where to buy the drug?
Cipro is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic used to treat urinary tract infections (acute uncomplicated cystitis, pyelonephritis, and chronic bacterial prostatitis).
Cipro (Ciprofloxacin) select dosage:
|Cipro 1000 mg||Cipro 750 mg||Cipro 500 mg||Cipro 250 mg|
|360 Pills $1.05||360 Pills $0.89||360 Pills $0.29||360 Pills $0.22|
|270 Pills $1.09||180 Pills $0.99||270 Pills $0.32||180 Pills $0.30|
|180 Pills $1.16||120 Pills $1.09||180 Pills $0.38||120 Pills $0.37|
|120 Pills $1.28||90 Pills $1.19||120 Pills $0.46||90 Pills $0.44|
|90 Pills $1.40||60 Pills $1.39||90 Pills $0.54|
|60 Pills $1.63||30 Pills $1.98||60 Pills $0.71|
|30 Pills $2.33|
Acute inflammatory process in the middle ear or acute otitis media is an infectious disease in which inflammation develops in the tissues from the eardrum to the inner ear. This disease can occur among people of any gender and age, but most often it develops in children. The causative agents of inflammation are microorganisms such as streptococci, staphylococci and microscopic fungi. In some cases, the disease is viral in nature.
How does otitis media develop?
When it comes to bacterial otitis, microorganisms often enter the middle ear through the Eustachian tube due to an infection in the sinuses, nose, or nasopharynx. An aggravating factor may be childhood adenoiditis. There are often cases of the development of acute inflammatory process of the middle ear in such infectious diseases as:
- scarlet fever.
In more rare cases, otitis may occur due to the following situations:
- infection getting directly into the ear;
- against the background of various injuries, for example, when a membrane ruptures;
- infection through the circulatory system.
What types of otitis media are there? Acute otitis media is divided into two types:
How does the disease progress?
The development of the disease can be divided into three stages:
- Acute catarrhal otitis, which occurs during an inflammatory process in the middle ear with the formation of fluid in its cavity.
- Acute purulent otitis with the formation of pus in the middle ear, followed by rupture of the eardrum and release of purulent contents.
- The recovery stage, when the inflammation gradually subsides, the pus stops coming out, and the eardrum becomes overgrown.
What are the symptoms of acute otitis media?
Symptoms of otitis media can be observed within a few hours after the onset of the inflammatory process.
If a child gets sick, he or she will experience the following symptoms:
- pain in the ear, especially in a horizontal position;
- the pain is jerking or shooting in nature;
- young children may lose sleep, cry and touch their ears;
- older children lose their appetite and have headaches;
- hearing impairment;
- difficulties with balance;
- a sharp increase in body temperature (usually above 38°C);
- leakage of fluid from the ear.
In adults, symptoms are less acute:
- hearing impairment (up to complete loss);
- discharge of liquid contents from the ear, after which the pain becomes less pronounced.
If the eardrum ruptures, the discharge may contain blood.
When to go to the doctor?
If your child experiences the following conditions, you should immediately seek medical help:
- symptoms do not go away;
- the child’s age is less than 6 months;
- the pain is acute;
- if fluid, purulent contents, or blood are released from the ear.
Symptoms of otitis media may indicate other more serious illnesses. Therefore, at the slightest symptoms of otitis media, you need to consult a specialist.
Active ingredient: Ciprofloxacin
Other names for this medication: ciriax ciprofloksacin ciproxin ciprofloxin ciprofloxacina cifran floxelena novidat ciproxina kensoflex ciprofloxacinum ciloxan baycip lucipro
What complications can occur due to the disease?
The most common complications are the following:
- chronic form of the disease;
- inflammatory process in the inner ear;
- inflammation of the mastoid process;
- brain abscess.
How is acute otitis media treated?
Most often, hospitalization is not necessary for the treatment of otitis media. A person can be treated at home and is periodically observed by an otolaryngologist. If the disease is severe, then hospital treatment is needed.
In acute forms of bacterial otitis, antibiotics or other antimicrobial drugs are prescribed. A drug based on ciprofloxacin, Cipro, which can be bought or ordered online without a prescription, has shown high effectiveness. It is active against many types of bacteria, including the common pathogens of otitis – staphylococci and streptococci.
What is special about Cipro?
Cipro is a broad-spectrum antimicrobial drug based on the active substance ciprofloxacin, which is one of the most effective fluoroquinolones on the over-the-counter market. It is widely used in clinical practice because Cipro:
- inhibits bacterial DNA gyrase,
- disrupts bacterial DNA synthesis,
- exhibits bactericidal and bacteriostatic effects.
Cipro causes strong morphological changes in bacteria, thus promoting their rapid destruction. In addition, taking Cipro without a prescription does not cause parallel development of resistance to other antibiotics that do not belong to the group of gyrase inhibitors, which sets it apart from other drugs.
How is Cipro taken?
Before using Cipro price, you need to gently clean the outer ear canal. The solution is heated to room temperature, or slightly higher if the patient has an elevated body temperature, after which the drug is instilled into the ear. The standard dosage is 3-4 drops 2-4 times a day. If necessary, the doctor can change the treatment regimen and increase the frequency of use of the drops. After using the drug, the patient should lie down for 5-10 minutes, avoiding leakage of the drug from the ear.
The duration of treatment lasts on average about a week, but should not exceed 10 days. The decision to extend therapy can only be made by a doctor, based on the effectiveness of treatment and the clinical picture of the disease.
What side effects may occur while using Cipro?
When using ear drops, the following phenomena may occur:
- mild soreness and redness in the area of the external auditory canal and eardrum.
Nausea and allergic reactions occur less frequently.
Are there any contraindications to the use of Cipro?
Cipro online is not recommended for use in the following situations:
- viral keratitis;
- hypersensitivity to the components of the drug.
Use during pregnancy and breastfeeding
The use of Cipro by mail order during pregnancy and breastfeeding is possible only after consulting a doctor. Typically, ear drops do not pose any particular risk to pregnancy, fetal development and breastfeeding, but only a specialist can assess all possible risks.
Where can I buy Cipro cheap?
In our online pharmacy you can order generic Cipro – a high-quality analogue based on the same active ingredient ciprofloxacin. Buy generic Cipro – it is no different in action from the original drug, but has a lower cost, which allows you to significantly save on treatment.